Disney Big Hero 6 XPRIZE Challenge – xprizechallenge.org/bighero6 : Think Big. Win Big !
Heroes Wanted ! Calling all innovators ages 8-17.
What one problem would you tackle to change the world ? How would you do it ?
This is your chance to become part of the real-life Big Hero 6. Tell how you would use S.T.E.A.M. (science, technology, engeneering, arts or mathematics) know-how to solve that problem, big or small, that affects your school, your community or the entire world. Show how you would use your creativity and ingenuity to help our world run a little better.
Learn How To Get Started
How To Enter
- Step 1 : Think Big !
Think of a big idea that uses science, technology, engeneering, arts or mathematics and use your creativity to help make the world a better place. Create a 1 to 3 minute video explaining your big idea in the most creative way you can.
- Step 2 : Parental Consent
Your parent or legal guardian must provide their consent for you to compete in the Challenge, by clicking on the “Get Started” button at xprizechallenge.org/bighero6. Once the consent is received, you will receive an access code to upload your video.
- Step 3 : Upload & Submit
Enter your access code on the site to access the Online Video Entry Form.
Judging Criteria :
- (i) 40% – innovative thinking;
- (ii) 30% – creativity of presentation;
- (iii) 30% – explanation of topic and use of S.T.E.A.M. based disciplines.
Limited to one (1) submission per age division per household (see Eligibility for details).
The Challenge started on September 19, 2014 and all submissions are due by October 12, 2014 at 11:59pm PDT.
Public Voting will start October 15, 2014 and end October 19, 2014.
The Challenge is open to elementary and secondary school students currently enrolled in the 2014-2015 school year who are legal residents of the United States or Canada (except Quebec).
Contestants will be divided into two (2) age divisions:
- (i) Junior Division: eight (8) to twelve (12) years;
- (ii) Senior Division: thirteen (13) to seventeen (17) years.
There will be three (3) Winners in each age division, provided that Sponsor receives a sufficient number of qualified Challenge Videos.
In the Junior Division (8-12 years), all Contestants must be at least eight (8) years of age as of the date of Contestant’s registration in the Challenge in order to participate in the Challenge.
In the Senior Division, (13-17 years), all Contestants must be at least thirteen (13) years of age as of the date of Contestant’s registration in the Challenge in order to participate in the Challenge.
Six (6) Winner Prizes
Each winner will receive the following :
- Round trip coach airfare for Winner and Winner’s parent or legal guardian between the major international airport in the United States and Canada closest to the Finalist’s residence and an airport in Southern California (ARV: $2,000);
- One standard double-occupancy hotel room for Winner and Winner’s parent or legal guardian for the duration of the Trip at a hotel in the Los Angeles area selected by the Sponsor at their sole discretion (ARV: $2,000);
- Participation in the announcement and awarding of the winners of the DISNEY BIG HERO 6 – XPRIZE CHALLENGE at the red carpet premiere of the motion picture titled “Big Hero 6” at the El Capitan Theatre in Hollywood;
- Private tour of the Disney Animation Studio (NO ARV);
- Private tour of the Walt Disney Imagineering facilities (NO ARV);
- One (1) Special littleBits NASA Space Kit and Cloud Kit Combo Pack (ARV: $189);
- Reimbursement for one (1) Contestant registration for FIRST® LEGO® League for the competition season 2014-2015 in the US or Canada (ARV:$500)
- Yoplait.com/100ways – Yoplait 100 Ways Contest
- NewportPleasure.com Wheels Up: Win An Epic Getaway
- WinYourChevy.com – Win The Chevy Silverado Sweepstakes 2016
- Winning43.com – Smithfield Winning 43 Sweepstakes
- TacoBell.com: Win A PSVR During The PlayStation Game 2016