2009 Amazon Web Services Start-Up Challenge
Eligibility : The 2009 Amazon Web Services Start-Up Challenge is open to: (a) individuals or sole proprietors who are legal residents of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia, the United Kingdom, Germany and Israel who have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence at time of entry; or (b) privately held businesses that are legally domiciled in the 50 United States or the District of Columbia, the United Kingdom, Germany or Israel and that have not generated more than $5 million USD in gross annual revenues and no more than $5 million USD in outside funding. Prizes will be awarded in the name of the individual or business that entered. By the time of submission, entrants must have an AWS account (see https://aws-portal.amazon.com/gp/aws/developer/registration/index.html). Any individual submitting an entry on behalf of a business entity represents and warrants that he/she is authorized to submit an entry on behalf of such business entity. The Contest and these Official Rules are void outside the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, the United Kingdom, Germany and Israel and where prohibited by law. Our employees, its parents, affiliates and subsidiaries, and participating advertising and promotion agencies and prize suppliers (and members of their immediate family (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) or those living in their household, whether or not related) are not eligible. All U.S. federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
Promotion Period : The 2009 Amazon Web Services Start-Up Challenge (“Contest”) entry period begins at 12:01 A.M. Pacific Time (“PT”), 7:01 A.M. Greenwich Mean Time (“GMT”) on July 9, 2009 and ends at 12:01 A.M. PT, 7:01 A.M. GMT on August 26, 2009 (“Entry Period”).
How To Enter : To enter, log onto aws.amazon.com/startupchallenge during the Entry Period, complete the entry form
Limit : More than one entry may be submitted by any entrant. However, no more than 1 Entry per entrant will be selected as a Finalist.
One Grand Prize, consisting of:
- $50,000 USD in credit from AWS for Paid Services (other than Amazon FPS or Amazon Simple Pay) (Actual Retail Value (“ARV”) $50,000 USD) (to be used by the earlier of January 1, 2013 or 3 years from date of award),
- $50,000 USD in cash,
- 4 one-hour mentoring sessions from an AWS Technical Expert (ARV $500 USD) (to be used within 1 year from date of award), and
- AWS Premium Support Gold for 1 year.
One Amazon Payments Bonus Prize, consisting of:
- $5,000 USD in credit from Amazon Payments for Amazon FPS or Amazon Simple Pay (ARV $5,000 USD) (to be used by the earlier of January 1, 2013 or 3 years from date of award); and
- $5,000 USD in cash.
Four First Prizes, each consisting of:
- $5,000 USD in credit from AWS for Paid Services (other than Amazon FPS or Amazon Simply Pay) (ARV $5,000 USD each) (to be used by the earlier of January 1, 2013 or 3 years from date of award); and
- $2,500 USD in credit from Amazon Payments for Amazon FPS or Amazon Simple Pay (ARV $2,500 USD each) (to be used by the earlier of January 1, 2013 or 3 years from date of award).
Five Finalist Prizes, 1 to be awarded to each of the Finalists, each consisting of a trip for 1 person to attend the final round, leaving from the major airport nearest to each Finalist’s home (as determined by us in our sole discretion).
The trip includes (1) round trip, coach class, air transportation for 1 person, (2) two nights standard hotel accommodations for 1 person (1 room, single occupancy), and (3) attendance at the awards dinner. At our discretion, we may substitute surface transportation for air travel for any Finalist who lives near destination (as determined by us). All costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specifically mentioned, including, but not limited to, ground transportation/transfers, additional food and beverages, luggage fees, gratuities and taxes, are the sole responsibility of each Finalist. Each Finalist must be available to travel on the dates specified by us, or the Finalist may forfeit his/her place as a Finalist. Selected airline and hotel are at our sole discretion. Each Finalist must possess required travel documents (e.g. valid photo I.D., passport or visa (as applicable)) prior to departure. Once the travel schedule has been arranged, it cannot be altered unless approved in writing by us, and failure of any Finalist to follow such schedule will not obligate us in any way to provide the Finalist with alternate arrangements. ARV of each Finalist Prize is $1,000 USD.
Winners : After the awards ceremony, visit http://aws.amazon.com/startupchallenge for names of winners.
- Yoplait.com/100ways – Yoplait 100 Ways Contest
- NewportPleasure.com Wheels Up: Win An Epic Getaway
- WinYourChevy.com – Win The Chevy Silverado Sweepstakes 2016
- Winning43.com – Smithfield Winning 43 Sweepstakes
- TacoBell.com: Win A PSVR During The PlayStation Game 2016